The Covenant University Central Instrumentation Research Facility (CUCIRF) is a multidisciplinary analytical research outfit that was established with the aim of providing a central facility of the latest and advanced analytical equipment for research, accreditation, consulting and training. The facility houses sophisticated analytical equipment, offering numerous clients a wide range of analytical methods/techniques for chemical, biological, environmental, electrical, civil, mechanical, Petroleum and allied engineering, material analyses, testing and characterization. CUCIRF is dedicated to serving the academia, industry, governmental institutions and national/international agencies, with the mind for sustainable growth and meeting the needs of researchers and industry experts.
To be a leading World-Class Christian Mission University, by providing a central facility of the latest and advanced analytical equipment for research, accreditation, consulting and training thereby raising a new generation of leaders in all fields of Human endeavor.
To create knowledge and restore the dignity of the black man via a Human Development and Total Man Concept driven curriculum employing innovative, leading edge, teaching and learning methods, research and professional services that promote integrated, life-applicable, life-transforming education relevant to the context of Science, Technology and Human Capacity Building.
FOCUS & MOTTO
Projecting the focus and motto of the institution, Dr. David O. Oyedepo at the inauguration of the Advisory Council to the University in February 2000 inter alia stated: “Focus is the fountain of excellence. Focus enhances creativity and boosts ingenuity. Whatever you stay on with commitment, you are bound to stand out there ultimately”.
The focus of the university is to produce men and women who will change their generations through unparalleled ingenuity, creativity and purposeful living and great capacity to face and manage challenges.
An excerpt from the profound founding philosophy of Covenant University as crafted by Dr. David Oyedepo may suffice to catch a glimpse of the envisioned revolutionary assignment of CU. According to the Chancellor, CU is poised to be:
- A departure from form to skill,
- A departure from knowledge to empowerment,
- A departure from figures to future-building,
- A departure from legalism to realism,
- A departure from points to facts, and
- A departure from mathematics to life-matics.
Our core objectives are as follows:
- Delivery of timely, high-quality services to clients, and with quality, innovation, reliability and diligence (QuIRD) as our watchwords.
- Providing a world-class multidisciplinary facility that will serve the Covenant University community and external clientele for varied scientific analyses.
- Facilitate National and International certification and accreditation of the facility.
- Develop capacity in the use of the Electronic Laboratory Information Management System.
- Develop capability and training of staff for preventive maintenance and repair of the high-end equipment.
- Organize short-term courses/workshops on the use and application of various equipment and analytical techniques.